Electrical Fires

21 Dec

I started this post a couple of years ago when we still had the house in town. I decided it might not be a good idea to post this in case my insurance agent stumbled across it so I just saved it in drafts, but now it is ready. I think fire safety is especially important this time of year due to fires caused by Christmas lights and electric heaters so I am posting it now.

IMG_20151218_154842891_HDR

This is a building on the corner of downtown which burned recently. The downstairs were office buildings and upstairs was a residential apartment. A fire started from a faulty space heater; fortunately no one was injured. They are tearing it down and cleaning it up. I sure could use some of that rubble to fill in some of the gully behind the house.

P1020137

P1020138

We were in the process of cleaning out the last of our stuff from the old house in town. We went in recently and noticed the pump for the aquarium was not running. When I checked it out I found this sight above. This cheap electrical strip shorted out and we were very, very lucky the house didn’t catch on fire! When I saw this my stomach did a flip flop let me tell you! I’m thanking my lucky stars everything turned out OK. Do you have fire extinguishers handy? We do and so should you. Keep prepping everyone.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: