Tragic Fire Fatality

10 Feb

oxygen

I found out one of my former clients died in a tragic house fire last week. The man was semi-bed-ridden at home and used oxygen full-time. The electricity was out due to the winter ice storm and the family was using a kerosene heater and a kerosene lamp. The details of the event are a bit unclear to the person relating this tale to me, but somehow the man caught on fire from the kerosene. As the man’s wife and son were attempting to get the man out of the house, the oxygen tank exploded. The son and the wife escaped, but both are still hospitalized with severe burns and the man died in the house. So once again let’s remind ourselves to be careful with open flames such as kerosene and be doubly careful to avoid flames around oxygen. Be safe out there!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: